Lithium Iron Phosphate
Safe and Reliable Marine LiFePo4 Batteries Are Here Now!
Standard BCI Group sizes 24, 27, 31 and 8D available. 12v, 24v, and 48v options
- SAFETY - Inherently safe Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry. Safer than flooded or AGM batteries.
- MULTIPLE BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES - Internal BMS provides full protection from overcharge, high or low voltage, over-temperature, excessive charge or discharge current, etc.
- DROP-IN REPLACEMENT - Available in most standard industry sizes. Some sizes available in 24v and 48v, eliminating need for the undesirable practice of wiring batteries in series to increase voltage.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - 50-60% less weight than lead-acid equivalents.
- LONGEST LIFE - Up to 10X longer cycle life than lead-acid equivalents.
- MORE USABLE CAPACITY - 25-50% more capacity than lead-acid equivalents.
- CONSTANT POWER - Full power available throughout discharge. Voltage does not drop like lead-acid. Voltage drops by only 0.3 volts between fully charged and 80% Depth Of Discharge (DOD).
- FULL CAPACITY AVAILABLE UNDER HEAVY LOADS - Unlike lead-acid, 100% capacity is available whether a 1 amp or 100 amp load.
- TEMPERATURE TOLERANT - 2.5X more efficient operation at low temperatures than lead-acid. Safely operational up to 150°F (65°C).
- FAST & SAFE CHARGING - Highly efficient charging. Will absorb maximum charging current available from charger, alternator, etc. until battery is fully charged. Can fully charge in 1-3 hours. Built-in overcharge protection.
- PARTIAL STATE OF CHARGE (PSOC) TOLERANT - No damage from partial state of charge operation or storage. Will recover from complete accidental discharge without damage.
- LONG SHELF LIFE - Low self-discharge rate, so battery stays charged for years if unused.
- MAINTENANCE-FREE - Plug, play, charge, and use.
- NON-HAZARDOUS - No watering. No gasses emitted. Inherently safer than lead-acid batteries.
- INSTALLATION FLEXIBILITY - Can be installed upright or on its side
- CUSTOMIZABLE - We welcome requests for customized solutions for your DC power requirements.
Go to download the following information: Product Guide, Safety Document, Separating Myth From Fact, Comparison with Lead-Acid Batteries, Charging Guide